So, are salt cell systems worth their salt? The consensus is that they certainly are:
- Salt water systems are not hazardous to transport, store and handle as chlorine can be.
- There is less maintenance with a salt water pool system. While you still have to monitor chlorine levels periodically, the salt cell simply produces chlorine as needed.
- With only about one tenth of the salinity of ocean water, salt water pools are gentle on the eyes and skin.
- There is no chlorine smell with a salt cell system.
- Salt water has a soft water feel as opposed to the more abrasive feel of chlorinated water.
Salt cell systems are by far the most popular chlorine alternative. If you are interested in salt cell systems and would like more information, the friendly, knowledgeable customer service team at SE Pool and Spa would be more than happy to answer all your questions.
SE Pool and Spa is Volusia County’s trusted source for anything pool or spa related. We offer an enormous inventory of various chemical lines to suit any budget, vacuums, cleaning supplies, heat pumps, salt chlorine generators, filters, replacement parts, tools, games and more. We also offer weekly pool service which includes wall brushing, surface skimming, checking and cleaning the filter, as well as balancing the pool water. Since the state of your water is so important, we also offer state-of-the-art water analysis. We test for free and total chlorine, calcium hardness, total alkalinity, cyanuric acid and, if there is any staining, we can also test for copper and iron.
SE Pool and Spa is conveniently located right on Dixie Highway in New Smyrna Beach. Stop in with a water sample and we will test it for FREE!