While chlorinated pools have been the mainstay for many, many years, salt water pool systems are becoming more popular. There are quite a few benefits that come with saline systems:
- There can be less maintenance with salt water pool systems because they work with your existing equipment and automatically activate with your pump every day.
- With a salt water pool system, you save on chemical costs.
- Salt water pool systems have actually been around since the late 1970s, so they have decades of proven safety and reliability under their belt.
- With salt water pool systems, there are no red eyes, itchy skin, bleached swimsuits or chemical smell as there can be with a chlorinated pool.
- Also, the salt content within the water should be low enough that there is no salt taste.
Now let’s talk chlorine pools:
- While salt water pool systems have some advantages over chlorine pools, chlorine has its own benefits. Chlorine chemistry has been trusted for over 100 years to keep pools free of bacteria.
- Chlorine is a powerful chemical that kills bacteria on contact.
- In addition to killing bacteria instantly when it is added, chlorine continues to kills bacteria that may be introduced by new bathers for quite a while after it is added to pool water.
- In warm climates, such as Florida, chlorine is particularly advantageous because bacteria and algae can quickly turn pools into a nightmare here.
- Itchy eyes, chlorine smells and such can be avoided simply by making sure that you do not over chlorinate.
Whether you are interested in a salt cell system or chlorine system, if you would like more information, the friendly, knowledgeable customer service team at SE Pool and Spa would be more than happy to answer all your questions. SE Pool and Spa is conveniently located right on Dixie Highway in New Smyrna Beach. Stop in with a water sample and we will test it for FREE!